Climate-Controlled Storage Units in Texas
Along with traditional storage units, The Storage Place also offers affordable and convenient climate-controlled storage units. Climate-controlled units are a great option when storing temperature-sensitive items and can help prevent potential damage. Depending on what you are storing and for how long you plan to store your belongings, you may find that climate-controlled units are the best option for your storage needs.
What is a climate-controlled storage unit?
When storing your belongings in a place like Texas, it’s important to consider the weather conditions when choosing a storage unit. Texas weather can be unpredictable with extreme fluctuations in temperature and can cause damage to items stored in a standard storage unit. Climate-controlled storage units are units that are kept between 64 and 85 degrees to protect your belongings from extreme hot and cold temperatures. Similar to standard storage units, our climate-controlled storage units come in a variety of sizes ranging from 5×5 to 10×22, so you’ll have plenty of space to store all of your belongings.
Do I need a climate-controlled unit?
When deciding between a standard storage unit and a climate-controlled storage unit, you should consider two things: the types of items you are storing and how long you plan to store them.
You should consider a climate-controlled storage unit if you plan on storing:
- Electronics: Computers, stereos, audio equipment, and cameras should not be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Collectibles and valuables: Items like wine, artwork, and instruments may need to be stored in specific temperature ranges to protect their value.
- Important documents, old photographs, and books: Paper and photos can yellow and degrade over time in varying temperatures.
- Wooden furniture: Wood can expand, warp, crack and/or break in extreme temperatures.
- Expensive or antique furniture: these types of furniture are more susceptible to damage caused by fluctuating temperatures.
- As a general rule, if you wouldn’t leave an item in a garage, it’s best to store it in a climate-controlled storage unit.
Another deciding factor is when and how long you plan on storing your belongings in a storage unit. If you only plan on storing for a month or two during the cooler months, a climate-controlled unit may not be necessary. However, if you plan on using a storage unit for several months, a climate-controlled storage unit may be best.
Rent Your Climate-Controlled Unit With The Storage Place
At The Storage Place, we care about the sake of your belongings just as much as you do. That’s why we offer budget-friendly climate-controlled units that are equipped with plenty of security measures for your peace of mind while protecting your items from extreme temperatures. Worry less about Texas’ everchanging weather and rent a climate-controlled unit with us today!